Class 5AA and 7AA Playoff Picture
These two Regions are interesting because they match up in the 1st Rd of the playoffs.
- Haralson Co Rebels: By my calculations even if Haralson Co where to lose to Bremen next Friday, setting up a 3 way tie, they would get the nod a #1. The only way I see Haralson not winning the Region is losing to Bremen and Callaway losing to either Temple or Heard. Bremen would win the Region Title in that case.
- Callaway Cavaliers: Home field in the first round of the playoffs is Callaways to win or lose. They are favorites in their final 2 games versus Temple and Heard Co. A loss would allow the Bremen or Heard to slip into the 2 spot.
- Winner of Heard Co at Bremen: Big game this Friday at Bremen. As mentioned above Bremen still has an outside shot at the Region Title with help from Temple or Heard Co. With a win Heard could finish as high as 2nd if they beat Callaway the final week of the season.
- Loser of Heard Co at Bremen: Both have tiebreaking wins over Temple so neither is in danger of missing the playoffs. The loser Friday more than likely is headed to Blue Ridge Week 1.
Dark Horse: Temple Tigers: It’s not over for the Tigers just yet. Temple plays at Callaway this Thursday night and if they could pull the upset they would become big Heard Co fans next Friday. A Heard Co win over Callaway would send the Tigers to the playoffs and the defending State Champs would be sent home.
- Fannin Co Rebels: If the Rebels win out over Coosa on the road and Dade Co at home the final week, the Rebels would win back to back Region Titles in school history.
- Chattooga Indians: Big one at home Friday when they host the Pepperell Dragons. A win would guarantee the Indians a home field game 1st Rd. If Chattooga loses to Pepperell there is the potential of a 3 way tie for 2 thru 4, depending on Dade vs Fannin outcome. By my calculation the Indians would finish 4th in a 3 way tie.
- Dade County Wolverines: Easy formula, win out and they are Region Champs. Go 1-1 or 0-2 the final 2 weeks they finish 3rd and travel 1st Round if Chattooga beats Pepperell. If Pepperell wins over Chattooga, Dade has the potential to finish
2nd due to tie break rules.
- Pepperell Dragons: The Dragons can help themselves Friday with a win over Chattooga. The math says if they can beat the Indians on the road they will finish at 3rd. They still have an outside shot at hosting a 1st Rd game if they can go 2-0 these final weeks and Dade Co goes 0-2.
Dark Horse: Coosa Eagles: The Eagles are actually in good spot but they need help. Let’s assume Coosa loses to Fannin Friday. If Pepperell loses to Chattooga it would set up a game in Lindale next week for the 4 spot. If Coosa finds a way to upset the Rebels Friday night then the math gets crazy.