(Author: Lawrence Morgan)
With only one game left on my slate this month, Chattooga at Coahulla Creek next week, I thought I’d throw some observations out from the “Fan In The Stands” perspective of the four games I attended this Spring.
- Haralson County has a heck of a defense. Held Cedar Grove to 14 points during the 1st Half. Didn’t have an updated roster so I may miss some names here but #44 who I think is Cade Mullins and the Bell boys were tough upfront and at the MLB spot.
- Rebel QB Clay Hyatt is even bigger and stronger this season. Led the State of QBs in rushing during the 2019 season and looks better in 2021.
- Armuchee had a good showing Saturday in Jacksonville at the Gridiron Classic. The Indians have a lot of young talent, especially in the 2024 Class, that should make them competitive this season for the 4th playoff spot in 6A.
- Indian Senior WR JJ House recovered a fumble and snagged a couple of TD passes in the 1st half that gave the Indians a 19-8 lead headed into the break.
- Talking about 2024 Class, the Cass Colonels have a couple that are going to be real good high school football players over the next 3 seasons here in NwGa. QB Devin Henderson and WR Sacovie White connected on a long TD pass in the 1st half, giving the Colonel fans a glimpse of what they will be seeing in 2021.
- The North Murray Mountaineers have a heck of a QB/WR combo in Junior Seth Griffin and Senior Michael McDade.
- The Darlington Tiger defensive line is huge and quick. Going to be tough to run on these guys in ’21.
- Tiger QB Patrick Shelley was throwing lasers in the 2nd Q and once the red jerseys come off and he can use his legs he will be hard to contend with.
- A couple of guys outside of our viewing area that caught my eye: Paulding Co QB Brayden Mauldin (6’3 180) and Cedar Grove RB Rashod Dubinion (Arkansas Commit )
Is it August yet?